Tuesday 23 February 2010

Olympic burnout

Confession time. Think I might need a bit of a break tomorrow, as this Olympic lark is unbelievably tiring work.

Not that I'm complaining, I hope you understand. But six straight days of interviews, meetings, sports events and late-night finishes are starting to take their toll, resulting in me starting to look, shall we say, a little worse for wear. This may well have something to do with a stunning lack of sleep and the fact that absolutely nothing of any nutritional value whatsoever has passed my lips in the last week.

It's ironic that an event with so much sport at the heart of it can leave you feeling quite this unhealthy.

So tomorrow's time for a bit of a break and I'm hopefully heading up to Whistler to try and find some snow and get a little bit of boarding time. Oh yeah, not to mention the Team GB party tomorrow night with Paula Radcliffe et al.

So probably a bit of a blogging break tomorrow! I'll sign off with a quick update on today's events...

          Ashleigh McIvor winning Ski Cross gold for Canada. Picture: Martin Boyle

Headed back up to Cypress for the women's Ski Cross, won in some style by Canada'a Ashleigh McIvor and spent some more time in and around the Cypress press area, was interviewed for a piece in Denmark's largest national newspaper (should be in on Sunday apparently!), did some interviews of my own with international press, attended Team USA snowboard team press conference and met some of their boarders, headed round to Irish House to see a couple of bands, had another McDonald's and gave serious thought to a Morgan Spurlock handlebar moustache.

Back soon, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment